Fun and educational science experiments for parents and teachers to enjoy with children ages 5-9 using items commonly found around the home. No specialized equipment needed, so jump right in! This set is aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
The lab manual is a PDF download that covers what each experiment is about, vocabulary, materials, instructions, science to know, and online access to further explanations of scientific principles for each experiment.
8 experiments, lab manual
Lab materials list
Online access to additional resources
Introduction: An Experiment Guide for Parents and Teachers
- Demonstrating the Forces of Flight
- Make It Move: Measuring the Static Friction of a Shoe
- How Do Different Materials Affect Temperature?
- How Are Colors Created?
- How Can You Turn Saltwater into Drinking Water?
- How Can Geckos Climb Walls?
- How Does a Solar Cell Create Electricity?
- How Is the Aurora Borealis Created?